Are you community- and public health-minded? Do you want to help your neighbors and find a rewarding job?
Contact us to join our team!
Community Health Worker Job Posting
Job Title: Community Health Worker (CHW)
Worksite Location: Access Health Stark County in Stark County, OH (Alliance)
Hours: 28, 32, and/or 40 hours per week positions available
Contact Information: Call Stacy @ 330-639-7766 (c) or 330-437-3715 (o)
Pay Rate: Based on experience and education $12-$14 per hour
Job Description: The Community Health Worker (CHW) is an integral member of a health team. CHWs connect clients to primary care, health insurance, assist in navigation of resources, and support clients by addressing their overall health and social needs under the supervision of an integrated health team. The CHW makes routine visits to the client to work on individual goals set with the client.
· Must be over 18 years of age, have valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
· High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required
· Must be able to travel with use of a personal vehicle and do home visits with clients
· Must obtain CHW Certification within the first year of employment (We will pay for this)
· Ability to pass a federal and state background check and drug test
· Must live in Stark County
· Must maintain required caseload
· Establish trusting relationships
· Conduct interviews with patients and enter data into computer
· Conduct home visits and assist patients with completing applications and registration forms
· Conduct eligibility determination, enrollment, and follow-up with uninsured patients
· Help patients set personal goals and attend appointments
· Connect clients to resources in their community (i.e., insurance, medical home, transportation, housing, food, etc.)
· Exhibit excellent working relationships with patients and team members
· Ability to work with others of various ages, backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences
PTO: Full time employees are offered PTO and is accrued each pay period and begins to accrue from the employee’s start date. The amount of PTO earned is calculated annually and based on a 40-hour work week.
Holidays: AHSC will observe the following 9 Holidays each year.
1. New Year’s Day
2. Martin Luther King Day
3. Memorial Day
4. Independence Day
5. Labor Day
6. Thanksgiving Day
7. Day after Thanksgiving
8. Christmas Eve
9. Christmas Day
All full-time employees (30 hours and above) will be offered the following benefits:
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life insurance
All employees may opt to participate in the Simple IRA pension plan. AHSC will match employee contributions up to 3%.
The role of the Community Health Worker (CHW)
The CHW will work with your patient to address social determinants of health and improve health outcomes. The CHW will facilitate disease specific education, reinforce in office education, and remind patients of the importance of attending appointments. The CHW may attend appointments with the patient if requested.
The CHW is not considered medical personnel and will not make clinical decisions. However, the CHW will work with you to help the patient better understand their diagnosed chronic illness, reiterate the information you give during office visits, and help the patient reach out to your office for further clarification if needed.
During the initial interview between the CHW and the patient, the CHW will assess the patient’s needs. This assessment was developed in conjunction with AHRQ and recognized by Ohio Medicaid. The CHW will provide a patient progress report to you a minimum of every 3 months.
The role of the primary care provider
Your role as a primary care provider, is to refer high risk and vulnerable patients to Access Health so that we may work with you to support your patient. The CHW will assess your patient’s social needs (i.e., transportation, housing, food, insurance, etc.) and submit progress reports back to you so that you may include this information in conversations with your clients. We ask that you share the patient’s lab work with the CHW as this will help us discuss education topics with the client and track the good work of the CHW for funding purposes.